Language Love

This morning, my English lecturer came to me with my essay in her hand. "Did you do this yourself?", she asked. "You have a flair in writing"

I'm excluding the fact that I didn't answer the essay question well, I'm just happy to hear that from her. The last time I heard that sentence was a few years back from the movie Riding in Car with Boys, for Drew Barrymore's character. And I wanted to hear that for myself. I finally did! Little things that put a smile on my face.

Alih bahasa.

Dan kelmarin, seorang kawan yang cinta bahasa Melayu dan segalanya Melayu perkatakan "Awak orang seni", memang tidaklahkan. Jauh betul aku dari makna orang seni.
Langsung debat kecil berlaku.
"No, I'm not"
"Yes, you are"
"No, I'm not"
"Yes, you are. Bahasa yang kamu guna, bahasa seni"
"No, I'm not. I know myself"

Kemudian, terfikir Johari Window. Open self, hidden self, blind self, unknown self.
Mungkin itu my blind self atau unknown self. Kan? Terima kasih kerana point it out, tapi dari mana nampaknya bahagian diri tu, awak je lah yang tahu. Saya tak nampak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment