- 1. Picture is from 20yrs ago. What you see is still who I am. A happy individual who loves to read.
- 2. I have very strong emotions. I can be a really happy person sampai tahap galak, a very temperamental and angry person sampai always labelled emotional.
- 3. At 18, I've been diagnosed with PCOS. Not ashamed to admit. 1 out of 5 woman have it.
- 4. One of the effects of PCOS, I have 70% testosterone. I kid you not. Hey! Im still a woman ok!
- 5. Its not THAT serious but when the doctor broke the news to me, I felt my world crumbling.
- 6. I am a durian. Thorny, hard exterior but soft centre. Not everyone loves it, but there are some who do.
- 7. I love my job. Really do. I feel so blessed to be in this line of work, surrounded by cool colleagues and get paid to work on things i love with people i adore.
- 8. Still reading? I love to write. So read you shall.
- 9. Forgive my typo and grammar errors. It irks me too when I read grammatical errors. But I dont mind being corrected.
- 10. I love travelling. Been blessed to be granted chances to go abroad as a child. Now that I need to save up to go somewhere, it means so much more. More appreciation definitely.
- 11. Fa to those who are close to me, Hani to friends, Farah to most family members (makin ramai dah panggil Fa so makin pelik pulak dengar orang panggil Farah)
- 12. I am monophobic. So all of you who are marrying off, please remember this. Dont leave me......
- 13. Ive done this kinda thing on my blog few years ago. Titled 13++ things about me. Was supposed to write 25, i wrote 50.
- 14. The age I first had a crush. Funnily, he's someone I knew since I was a kid. Our parents worked with each other
- 15. My guilty pleasure is, reading Malay novels.
- 16. I send email feedbacks to publisher/editors of Malay novel for their typo and grammatical errors.
- 17. I rarely cuss in Malay. Super rare. Melainkan dengan kawan fefonen.
- 18. If I were to have all my bff/close girlfriends to be my bridesmaids, I'll beat Katherine Heigel's bridesmaids queue in 27 Dresses.
- 19. The age I first had a boyfriend
- 20. I miss reading the writings of the people I am tagging.
Tuesday, 2 September 2014
Tuesday, 19 August 2014
I borrowed this. Some strike straight to the heart.
Jika tiada rezeki anak,
mungkin diberikan rezeki mertua yang baik.
Maka kita lebih bahagia dari anak yang liar.
Jika tiada rezeki wang ringgit,
mungkin diberikan rezeki kesihatan.
Maka kita lebih bahagia dari kerisauan menjaga harta dunia.
Jika tiada rezeki kereta mewah,
mungkin diberikan rezeki kenderaan yang jarang menimbulkan masalah.
Maka kita lebih bahagia dari membayar kerosakan yang mahal.
Jika tiada rezeki rumah yang besar,
mungkin diberikan rezeki makanan yang tidak pernah putus.
Maka kita lebih bahagia dari si gelandangan.
Jika tiada rezeki pasangan yang cantik,
mungkin diberikan rezeki pasangan yang baik dan pandai menguruskan rumahtangga.
Maka kita lebih bahagia kerana hidup berteman dan terjaga segala.
Jika tiada rezeki jodoh,
mungkin diberikan rezeki umur ibu bapa yang panjang.
Maka kita lebih bahagia dapat berbakti sepenuhnya pada orang tua.
Jika tiada rezeki hari ini,
mungkin ada rezeki yang lebih baik pada esok hari.
Maka kita lebih bahagia kerana rezeki yang tidak dijangka.
Probably Allah has saved a better guy for you. Kita tak tau. Maybe you'll meet him next year, maybe in ten years, maybe twenty, but eventually you will. In the mean time Allah spoils you with rezeki in another form yang orang lain tak dapat. You quit your job, senang dapat kerja lain. Your career is progressing. Some people can't get a job at all.
Thursday, 7 August 2014
It's only been a few days. But already I'm noticing that I might have a small hole somewhere in my heart. Not literally! I have been unhappy. There I said it.
True something happened. But I resolved it. Well, I think I resolved it. Cukuplah buat masa sekarang untuk terima jawapan yang dah diberi. Will not think too much about it. Not wholly trusting, but accepting.
I don't know why. I suddenly have this longing feeling. Of what I dont know. Its a feeling that stays through out the day and linger at night. Kenapa? Withdrawal ke? Is it because I've continuously been surrounded by many family members for a week? Am I missing the kemeriahan? What is it?
I can't point it out. Everyday I wake up, go to work, surrounded by colleagues, do my job. Try my best to deliver. I see work related people at Open Houses, go to meetings, spent time after work with colleagues. Do all the things I usually do. But that feeling stays!
I try to live everyday as normal as I can. No one will actually say I look bothered or sad. Because I'm not feeling miserable. I'm just unhappy.
And its tough to share because I dont know what is making me unhappy!!!
OK. I'm annoyed.
Friday, 1 August 2014
Of late I realised I prefer to be a bit more reclusive than the extrovert that I am. Dah penat being surrounded by stupid people who talk without thinking. I am temperamental, I am easily angered. Jadi sebelum I accidentally on purpose
Keep negativities out and just be happy within my circle. That does not mean I don't owe people apologies. To all that I have hurt and wronged unintentionally, forgive me. And for those that took offence from what I said and did, my sincere apologies.
Lets start over and just spread love.
Dunia tak lama dah. Masa tak panjang nak breed hatred and then try to make amends. Maka lebih eloklah kita tak sediakan ruang untuk perasaan tak best. Kalau wujud jugak, maybe you should just leave the person. Seriously.
Forgive, be forgiven and stay away.
Thursday, 3 July 2014
When I first started work, I had bad sense of dressing. It was that transition from the carefree college girl to a corporate woman. But actually inside, (even now) Im just a tomboy in my own comfortable skin.
My dad, saw this as an alarming sign. So one night during our usual supper date he told me "each month, keep aside some money for you to buy clothes. Allocate some for your wardrobe. You need to dress better". I didn't had enough then. So there wasn't much for me to work on.
Now, I gotta say Alhamdulillah. I may not be drop dead gorgeous but can laaaa hide that tomboy when needed. Thank you for your advice Abah! But I didn't know that I will be (almost) addicted to buying things I look pretty in. Girls..
Disclaimer: this post appeared to sooth my guilt for impulsively purchasing a super cantik pants that I dont actually need but totally have fallen in love with.
Thursday, 26 June 2014
I have many girlfriends.
Some within the same gang.
Some from school.
Some from college.
Many from university.
Some from work.
Some, have the same blood running in our veins.
All these girls, I see them as those I am close to. People I care about. Those I make effort to be at their weddings, to help, to assist.
But I don't know how many will do the same for me.
How many will come to my house the day before, to run errands.
To be at home and assume the role of my sisters that I never had.
There's too many for me to ask to be my Dulang Girls/Bridesmaids when come the time. So I come up with a plan. Instead of having my girls to be my dutiful dulang girls and bridesmaids, maybe...just maybe - I should get their husbands to do it instead.
If I am important enough to your (pregnant) wife, you will be willing to be my best man. Or they will arm twist you to do it. Only then I will know who values me kan?
Tuesday, 17 June 2014
I owe this to myself to have it written. But first, let me refresh what I did on the second day.
Please know at this point of time Im actually just forcing myself. I don't remember all details but daymn it was awesome! We spent the morning - as usual - in the pool. Then head out from the hotel to eat at Nasi Pedas Ibu Andika. Its like nasi campur place here in Malaysia, except that all the food bersambal pedas. Imagine how many bottles of Teh Botol we had.
Habis berlendir hidung, merah muka masing-masing tahan pedas.
Next, walaupun perut penuh we need to fully utilise the time we had. So to Tanjung Nusa Dua we go! Water sports activities were the agenda. There, we were attended by a sales person of some sort in batik shirt. Im not sure he's from the resort or the water sports service provider. But he gave us a good rate. Sebab katanya kita dari rumpun yang sama. Sambil cakap perlahan, mat salleh memang tourist rate lah.
We paid RM150 for flying fish + hours of snorkelling + visit to Turtle Beach. A bargain I must say. And super fun! Just that, you guys need to prepare extra cash lah. If you tip well, they treat you well. And also, just take your cash with you. In the middle of the sea, the boat drivers can offer additional ride at a different cost. Some also sold us board shorts on the boat. Secretly of course.
Balik tu semua agak kelaparan tapi kitorang tak pergi makan. I love this bunch weh. Tak complain langsung bab lapar. Main redahhhhh je. Sebab semua tempat jauh-jauh tau. And our driver pun jenis elok bab timing semua. Dialah tukang remind. Dari Nusa Dua - terusssssssss ke Uluwatu. More than enough time to sight see at the temple and to get good seats for beautiful sunset and wonderful Kechak performance.